I just got an e-mail asking about the settings I used with Virtual Fashion for Poser to get a cloth simulation that didn’t take days to run as mentioned in my earlier Virtual Fashion for Poser post. In case anyone else was wondering here are the settings I used…
The key things I’ve found to get a fast simulation are:
- Make the item bigger than the model you want to fit it to so there is a gap between the figure and the virtual fashion figure.
- Scale the character down in the first frame and then scale them up till they fit the outfit. In the above example Victoria is scaled to 83% normal size on the x and z scales in the first frame and scaled up to 100% by frame 30.
- No poke through in the keyframes you set up to do the fitting.
- No thin cuts running through the fabric (eg slit up the side of a dress).
- Simple smooth animation not running too fast.