Something I cooked last weekend and I was typing the recipe up for a friend so I thought I’d post it here too. Double the ginger if you’ve got a cold (triple it if you dare).
Makes: 4 to 6 Servings
Serve with plain rice or lentils.
- 500g Lamb Stew Meat Diced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2-3cm Fresh Ginger Minced or 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp White Wine or Rice Vinegar
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp Dried Mint
- 1 Fresh Hot Red Chilli (Optional) or 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced into Strips
- 1/2 Onion Roughly Chopped
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and Sugar and cook for a few seconds till you smell the aroma
- Add the Onion and stir cooking for a minute
- Add the Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Mint, Lamb, Stock, Lamb and Bell Pepper
- Bring to the boil
- Season to taste
- Simmer gently for 45 to 60 minutes until the lamb is tender