A warming risotto for the cold snap. Feeds 4.
- 2 Onion Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely Chopped
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 225g Frozen Broad Beans
- 150g Chorizo Sausage – Cooked and chopped into chunks
- 150g Smoked Pancetta – Diced
- 350g Risotto Rice
- 1.2l Chicken Stock
- 1tbsp or fresh Dried Thyme
- 1tbsp Dried or fresh Oregano
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan or flameproof casserole.
- Add the onion garlic and diced pancetta to the oil and cook gently for 5 minutes stirring occassionaly.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for 1 minute stirring.
- Add 300ml of the stock to the pan and simmer stirring frequently till all the liquid is adsorbed.
- Cook the broad beans in slightly salted water in a pan for three minutes while carrying out step 6. Drain and set asside.
- Over 30-35 minutes add the stock 1 ladelful at a time stirring constantly until the rice is just tender and creamy. Almost all the liquid should have been adsorbed. You may not need all of the stock.
- Stir in the Herbs, Chorinzo and Beans. Heat gently.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.