Eight Random Things and 5 Thoughts on 8 Random Things and makes 13 (and answers a few questions I’ve been asked in the last month too) because I was tagged by She ages ago and only just got round to it…
- I’ve been blogging since 2006 as a way of trying to keep track of what projects I’m doing and make me finish some of them. This has worked a bit but not a lot.
- I’m male, single, in my thirties and could do with more exercise.
- If you must know my birth sign I’m a Libra. You can tell how much attention to pay to my zodiac sign because I had to look it up. The first site I found went into great detail about each sign but neglected to list the dates!
- I’ve now got everything I need to go with the lazy susan I bought and time permitting will try and make use of it this weekend.
- It took me a year to start doing any of these Memes but now I’ve done 13 TTs and several Wordless Wednesdays.
- Today I’m late because I’ve been just too busy to come up with a TT.
- I’ve written and illustrated articles about tabletop gaming.
- I have too many ideas. Many of them are probably of no interest to anyone else but it’s probably safer if I don’t bottle them. As you can see here, with almost 500 posts to my blog I’m not one to keep them to myselfâ€¦
Plus 5 thoughts on 8 random things
- I’m normally a follower of rules except once in a while. Hence in the case of this post why I’ve got the TT stuff in place (following the rules) but not the 8 random things (because I don’t feel like following them.
- In a similar not following the rule way I’ll not be tagging anyone who doesn’t ask me to. Most of the bloggers I know who I could tag seem to have been already. If you want to be tagged leave a comment asking me to.
- The pyramid of people tagged with 8 per person tagging goes something likeâ€¦ 1, 9, 73, 585, 4681, 37449, 299593, 2396745, 19173961, 153391689, 1227133513, 9817068105 â€¦ pretty soon there are more blogs needed than there are people on the planet. Its not unlike the Second Half of the Chessboard except it starts to get silly on the second line of the chess board.
- It’s the link building equivalent of what in finance would be a pyramid scheme. As with a pyramid scheme it rapidly reaches a level where it isn’t sustainable. Fortunately, unlike a pyramid, scheme no one gets hurt when it falls apart.
- It probably doesn’t hurt anyone so I’m probably just being a grumpy old whatsitâ€¦
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
|1. Stone Girl
|5. Susan Helene Gottfried
|9. Crimson Wife|
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants