- Keys: I used to have a huge bunch of keys and pocket tools when I worked as a projectionist/tech crew at University. Now I’ve got a few house keys and a lot fewer holes in my pockets.
- Wallet: Need somewhere to keep #3, #9. #10 and #12. Plus other assorted detritus.
- Cash and change: I’m no “Rusty” Regan I like to keep this to what I need to have on me and not too much more
- Watch: I need this so I can make sure I’m early. Even though #6 and #7 have clocks built in I still like having the convenience of a wrist watch.
- Maglite: I’ve carried this with me since I was a projectionist. Surprising how often having a torch is useful.
- Mobile Phone: I’m not a big mobile phone user. My first phone was a brick â€“ when it suffered multiple systems failure last year I opted for a slinky modern slim line number in silver.
- Dell Axim X50: I spent a long time avoiding having a handheld but eventually I succumbed. It doesn’t run my life although it does remind me to do those jobs I’d rather forget to do.
- Think Outside Slimline Keyboard: This lets me write when I’m away from home without having the hassle of typing up notes afterwards.
- Cards: Membership cards, store loyalty scheme, library card and bank cards. #2 needs to have lots of space for these.
- Used Rail Ticket: No matter how hard I try I always seem to find one of these in my wallet. Usually from or to Liverpool. Still they make good emergency bookmarks.
- Pen and Organiser: Before I got # 7 I relied on my Muji aluminium organiser to keep track of phone numbers and other mundane stuff. Now it’s got a few essentials and lots of blank paper for those times I can’t set up #7 and #8 or when the battery goes flat.
- Comb: I’m no style guru (really I’m not) but I do have one grooming item with me pretty much all the time.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
2. Kim Rees
5. Thomma Lyn
6. This Eclectic Life
9. Susan Helene Gottfried
11. Wylie Kinson
20. Nancy Bond
23. Stone Girl
24. Jon Tillman
25. Tilly Greene
28. Dane Bramage
33. Sword Girl
41. Jessica The Rock Chick