- Architecture – The waterfront, the cathedrals and William Brown Street are often mentioned but there are many more distinctive buildings throughout the city
- Music – From the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra to a band you may have heard of called the Beatles
- Sport – Notably Liverpool and Everton football clubs and the Grand National at Aintree
- Visual Arts – From the varied collections in the city galleries to the SuperLambBanana and Turning the Place Over
- The night life – Although I’ve not been out clubbing in years
- Education – There are the three Universities (the University of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University and Liverpool Hope University), the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts and an assortment of schools and colleges.
- The people
- Poetry – including famous poets like Roger McGough and Adrian Henri
- Eating out – the choice of types of food to eat in Liverpool is excellent and so wide I can’t list even a fraction here
- Museums – Liverpool has Merseyside Maritime Museum, World Museum Liverpool, the International Slavery Museum, National Conservation Centre and Sudley House
- FACT – A great little cinema
- Festivals and Events – from the 800 celebration this year to the capital of culture next year and the various regular festivals there is usually something happening
- Did I mention the people?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
2. Claire Rachael Pitt
6. Comedy Plus
9. Susan Helene Gottfried
|12. Nancy Bond
21. Tilly Greene
22. Mama Pajama
25. Samantha Lucas
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!